Beitrag von Hofi »

Finally test is over and here are the questions we had tody:

1) Injury Load model. Describe it and together with that,
1.a) Biomechanical Response
1.b) Injuury Prevention Measures

2) Thorax Injuries
2.a) 3 main injury mechanisms of thorax injuries
2.b) 3 different injury criteria for thorax injuries

3) HIC. First there was a long text about the HIC, where it´s formular was shown and then came the question:
"Explain the basic experiment leading to HIC"

4) AIS. What is the AIS? Explain the code scheme.
4.a) Calculate ISS and NISS for three cases A,B, C seperately.
(You should know which regions are in AIS-9, and which in ISS-6, cause only then you can calculate it correctly!)
(Case C was 1 AIS 6 this automatically leads to ISS 75!)

4.b) Discuss the differences in the calculation of ISS and NISS.

That´s it. He was starring at his desk the whole time, so the temptation to cheat was quite high I would say. Never the less nobody did. :)
You´ve got more then enough time for the exam and if you prepare three days in total you are still fine.

The next days I´ll upload my mindmaps where you´ve it all together at 12 pages, but you can also read the book
Trauma Biomechanics
if you want. It´s covering everything, not much more, not less. But you will have it all explained.
If you first quickly go through his slides and then read this, you´ll understand everything. But first, don´t go into detail, try to get an overview before you dig deeper. Otherwise there´s a high risk you get stuck.

good luck with that exam!
best wishes,
Manuel

Also attached: a list of Abbreviations for Injury Mechanics (red: keywords from the lecture slides) as there are quite many!
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Hofi

about the exam + lecture nodes

Beitrag von Hofi »

I´ve been asked about the questions. As far as I heard it is enough if you learn those which I posted and a little bit around maybe.
If you make mistakes it´s easy to drop a grade. He´s quite strict in the answers he aspects. Guess that´s all you need to know.

Go there if you have time, but if you can´t, it´s no big deal either. He might tell in the last lectures when the exam will be, and what he wants you to know.
So it´s good to come in the last lectures as well.

Good luck there!
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

bjorgheidur

Re: Injury Mechanics ("Unfallbiomechanik")- exam questions

Beitrag von bjorgheidur »

Today's exam: we had exactly the same questions :D

guenta03

Re: Injury Mechanics ("Unfallbiomechanik")- exam questions

Beitrag von guenta03 »

Hi!
I did the exam on 17.03.2016 and here are the questions (at least what I can remember from them :D )

1) Load Injury Model
Describe the difference between Crash prevention and Injury prevention in the context of the Load Injury Model

2) Translational Head Injury Model (THIM) and Translational Energy Criterion
Describe them and compare to HIC

3) There was a text about Thorax Deformation and the viscous criterion.
Describe the two criteria

4) AIS
Explain the AIS code scheme.
3 different injury Scenarios: Injuries of different body parts with corresponding AIS were given. We had to calculate the ISS.

Good luck for the exam!

Antworten

Zurück zu „Schwerpunkt A: Biomaterials & Biomechanics“